Friday, April 30, 2010

A Crazy, Intense Week

I always say one of my favorite weeks of the school year is finals. This may seem strange until you have the college experience yourself. I have found the week before finals to be a week not for the weak or infirm of spirit. Every imaginable project comes due, not mention all the thousands of pages of reading, and of course the infamous reflection papers. The only people I pity more than a college student at this time is a college professor, although its hard to remember this at three in the morning when I'm typing the "Strange Woman" paper. I only have one paper to type, but they have upwards of twenty to grade. Bleh!!!
Some of my unique experiences of the week include losing my keys only to find them again in the trunk lock of my car two days later. Another was my first all-night study session of college. I know you may all realize what a weakling I am now or else excellent student, I'm not sure which, but Senior Worldview Seminar really takes it out of a person. Since at least Wednesday of last week, I have been in high-stress mode over this project that is worth 80% of my grade. I decided on the subject of "The Culture and How It Affects Our Children." Wow! What a loaded subject! I loved the books I found on the subject because they confirmed many of my preconceived ideas of how the culture is affecting our children. It was a powerful reminder to be vigilant in guarding the things we allow to impact our children. Dr. Glick seemed pleased my report, even though given after a sleepless night and the class enjoyed a really good discussion. Thanks to all those other slackers out there who chatted with me on Facebook and kept me from utter depression as I struggled through the wee hours of Tuesday morning!

1 comment:

Issa said...

sounds a lot like my pre-finals week. I never thought about it, but that week is sooo worse than finals.