Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Familiar Halls

My return to God's Bible School and College has been a fairly smooth transition. This has definitely been a blessing from God. I was rather amazed at myself when I realized how happy coming back here made me. As I contemplated this, I began to recognize how this is a place where I've seen really good things happen. I've seen the affects not only in my own life, but in the lives of many of my friends. Sometimes I wonder if I had more spiritualized eyes, if I could see God's presence hovering over this school. Yes, I know this isn't some utopian setting, but miracles happen here.
On the more everyday level, life seems very much the same here while yet having the potential to be profoundly different. I already miss some of my graduated friends, but the change will be that I get to make new ones among this year's freshman. My sister and best friend Cheryl left me for 3rd floor where she is now the R.A. so I'm rather at loose ends about who to bug or borrow clothes from. The cool thing is that now we are once again co-workers, and she has a big, new room with an air conditioner where we can crash.
I think my classes this semester will be very enriching as I navigate my first Dr. Brown class and also take a course in Shakespeare who I love reading. Hermeneutics will teach me how to better study the Bible, and I'm not sure what I'm going to learn in Hymnology but I'm sure it will be good.
Well, picture me holding a glass of some non-alcoholic beverage and giving a toast. "Here's to a great fall semester at God's Bible School and College!"

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Yeah! It's gonna be great year! So Cheryl's an R.A. too? That's awesome! See ya soon! :)

Sam said...

and I, holding similar non-alcoholic beverage alongside, raise my glass in toast to a great year.

I'm excited. Let's make it a great year. We can.


...and stuff