Friday, March 14, 2008

Something Positive

Somewhere on my to do list is the reminder to look on the sunny side of life more often. In contrast to my last blog, I want to uplift spirirts and renew hearts with my council. The other week when we had a chapel about the importance of time, I was really convicted about this concept. As much as it may seem like I have a long life ahead of me and plenty of time to get serious about being used of God to help others there is no time like the present to start practicing His love.
I think I often fail to realize how every day is a gift from God to serve Him by serving others. I allow the responsibilities I have to weigh me down and get me grouchy at my to-do-list. Not to be morbid but I could die tomorrow in a tragic car accident. I want my last thoughts on earth to be joyful because I'm going to see my Savior, not remorseful because of all things I failed to do for Him.
The beautiful thing about it is that each day is exciting and rewarding in its own way. If I strive to follow God's will to the best of my ability, my life will be so fulfilling. I am very thankful for that!

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Amen! We are here at this moment for a reason and a purpose -- to love God and to love others. God help us not to miss that purpose! Good blog!