Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Break

My spring break was much different than the stereotypical spring break activities. It was probably alot more tame than the normal college student's break but no less enjoyable (at least to me). Vita was able to visit my family, and we had a party spending time with her before she leaves us to return to Ukraine. In that aspect it was bitter-sweet because this was just the beginnings of the lasts we will have with her. She was my first friend here at GBS and next year she'll be gone. That pretty much stinks! I hope some day I can go visit her and her soon-to-be husband Steven in Ukraine:)
We put her through pretty much a continual whirl of activity that usually accompanies a trip home. She was able to experience a family get-get-together complete with pumpkin pie and lots of other good food. She met my very cute nephews Camron and Jacob, and they both promptly fell in love with her. We went out for desserts at Damon's with a bunch of my friends to celebrate some birthdays and did some shopping as well.
I think one of the most memorable moments was our unofficial whipped cream battle. I was kindly trying to help her top off her meal with a little dessert by squirting whipped cream straight into her mouth. Apparently, it comes out alot faster than you think and Vita was drowning in whipped cream. She then decided it was my turn and I got whipped cream not only in my mouth but on my shirt, hands, and glasses. I tried to return the goodness to her by flinging it back at her. Don't worry-things fortunately did not get out of control as these things often do. We ended the fight amiably enough and helped each other clean stray cream patches off the walls and floor and me. What fun!
My friends are so awesome. I really treasure the chance to catch up on their lives when I'm back home. My friend Genet had her monumental 21st birthday and my friend Jan turned 22 so of course, celebrations were in order. We planned to go to Coldstone at the mall which was closed for some reason so we decided on Damon's instead. With 9 crazy girls all trying to talk at once, we made quite a commotion. The giant chocolate chip cookie sundae was phenomenal!
Well, anyway enough said for now. I'm hoping I can get enough momentum now to finish out the year.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

you've been tagged, come to my blog to read the details."

Alanna said...

Aww..I'm glad you had a good time with Vita! She's a sweetie! I loved the description of the whipped cream fight. You'll probably remember that forever. :)