Thursday, July 3, 2008

The President's Motorcade




When I went to D.C. last Saturday, I was really excited about what I might see. High on my list of things I wanted to see was the Presidential motorcade. I know you can't exactly order up "one Presidential motorcade with lots of Secret Service men and guns, please" so I didn't have my hopes very high. As my friends and I were exiting the Washington Monument information building, I started getting really excited when I noticed police officers jumping out of their cars and blocking off the road. What would they block the road off for other than a motorcade?! I excitedly ran to the edge of the road and whipped out my handy-dandy cell phone to record this cool event. First came two policemen on motorcycles who motioned the people to get back. Next came several several dark SUV's one with windows rolled down and SS guys hanging out the window with guns ready. It was so awesome! There were several police cars with sirens going as they all flashed past. I have no proof that it was the President's motorcade I saw, but it was definitely someone important or else those policemen and SS guys were just out joyriding. It totally made my day!

3 comments:

Alanna said...

That's pretty awesome! But who's the old guy? lol

Leanna said...

He reminded me of Saul, the old guy in Ocean's Eleven. Plus I like secretly snapping pictures of people I think look interesting:)

Kimberly said...

HELLO....hello...hello..hello. Long time. Just wanted to say that I was thinking about you and hope you are having a good summer. I look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.