Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday's Musings

The effect of a rainy Friday is not near what the effect of a rainy Monday would be. Sitting here in the DOW office of GBS, I feel peaceful and happy and the rain seems only friendly and comforting. Would it be a Monday, I would feel out of sorts and depressed by such weather. When I got back from a coffee run, I noticed that the birds are singing as well even though the rain is rather cold and uncomfortable. If I were a bird I don't think I would feel that good, but it was definitely cheering to hear them singing. This made me think that I should never ignore chances to reach out and encourage others no matter what the weather of my life may be like at the time. It may mean more than I can ever realize. Others have done that for me, and it is so cool when it comes at a time that you feel totally stressed and downhearted. So go out and be an encourager even in the cold, rainy times:)

9 comments:

Dwayne said...

Isn't it funny how different circumstances change things on different days of the weeks? Makes ya' kinda' wonder if things would be different if God has not instituted this whole 'week' thing...

Good post. I didn't get to make it to chapel today, so the sermon did me good... Lol. J/K. ;)

Dwayne said...

I really, really hate how I messed up in that last comment. Lol. It's going to drive me nuts!

Oh well,...

Sam said...

Wow, you've got me thinking these deep thoughts. For example, weather is not a curse. We shouldn't be depressed when it rains, or when it snows, or when it's cold...God is teaching us things.

Melissa Phelps said...

Yeah, the weekend rain wasn't depressing.. how weird. I even saw a rainbow on Sunday. Hope your week is amaZAzing.

Leanna said...

Dwayne, are you OCD by any chance?:) Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend as well!

Megobuddy said...

Grammar and punctuation are very important. It can say alot about a person.

Dwayne, I'm with you in this (you were referring to your grammar, correct?).

I wouldn't say it's OCD. It's more like a person wanting to make a good impression, to look and sound intelligent in their presentation of written words, their emphasis on excellence.

Okay, I'm stopping now...

Dwayne said...

Nah, definitely OCD. Lol.

TKB said...

I like the way this makes me think...it hurts a little though. :) JK.

Oh, and my occasionally updated blog addy is -- http://thingsthatamazeme.blogspot.com/ enjoy!

Issa said...

Are you sure it wasn't pre-recorded nature sounds?;)