Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Andvanced Comp

So I'm in a class this semester called Advanced Composition. Sound ominous? So far it hasn't proven to be too horrible. We are reading various essays which is fine with me since I love reading. What's really nice is the brevity and sometimes levity (tacky, i know:) of the essays amid all the long and boring chapters I have to read for other classes. The only catch is that by the end of this semester, I'm going to have to be able to write a 10 page essay. Ahhhhh! Can you believe it?! We barely even have to write 10 page research papers around here and I'm gonna try and come up with 10 pages of material completely unique with me. Needless to say, I'm a little worried about it.

Mr. Profitt tells us that even though essays appear to be random thoughts just strung together at the author's whim, they are, indeed, carefully crafted to appear this way. Bummer! I was thinking I could do this cool stream of consiciousness thing where I write whatever pops into my head for 10 pages. Apparently there actually has to be a rhyme and reason to my madness. So I'm hoping blogging will help me in this dilemma by helping me to learn to write more casually. What I really need help with though is subject matter. So if anybody has any ideas about what I could try my hand at rambling about- please, please give me ideas. I would forever be greatful and I will give you very generous recognition.
Thanks,
Leanna

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Hey girl...I found your blog and glad I did. I'm sorry about the 10 page essay. I think I would pull my hair out and moved to Tahiti!! I know that doesn't help much! :-) Hope an awesome idea will surface and be like "Pick Me...I'll be a good essay topic!!"

Love ya girl.