Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Volleyball

Volleyball, oh volleyball what have you done to me? Tonight there was no magic whatsoever. My team here at GBS played a team that had 3 players while we had 5 players (and we nearly lost). I think I've been playing too much lately cause I could not get my feet unglued from the floor. I felt bad for my team because they had to deal with my many mistakes. Ahh! Unless you think I no longer like volleyball let me clarify. This past week I had a chance to play some competetive girls' volleyball against some visiting high school girls who were here for a guys' basketball tournament. We had two practices this past week which were quite strenuous. The actual game was fairly tight as well. We had game point in the last game when they came back and somehow won. So playing intramurals was sort of anticlimatic for me since it was switching back to a totally different way of playing. In co-ed volleyball, girls naturally take the supportive roles and aren't the ones spiking and blocking. I miss that stuff. But now that I've got that out of my system, I think next week will go better. I have a great team, and I think we have the potential to go far. Rock on Defenders!