Sunday, May 25, 2008

Summer Life

Howdy! I have been home in good old PA for a few days now. So far nothing life-changing has occured. I have realized that I have way too much clothing and it is time for a closet purge. I also have contemplated the odds of getting a decent job just for the summer. They do not seem favorable. I will be working at former employer several days a week, but unfortunately the full-time position I was hoping for evaporated since mid-winter break. Bummer! Oh, well, I think God is opening up doors for me to do some things that I've been wanting to do for a long time, including working with my little sister Amy. She is 14 years old and deaf. She has other delays that making learning difficult for her as well. My mom has born the main brunt of taking care of her over the years and I want to enable her to take on some projects she's been wanting to complete. This will be a total switch for me after being a "working girl" for the past 5 summers. My mom is also insisting that learning how to cook better is imperative so this is probably the summer it will happen. I also plan on learning to master the grocery store since I am always amazed at how long it takes me to find all the stuff on a short shopping list. I mean, with all the practice I've had with shopping, I thought it would come naturally. Apparently it doesn't so I set forth to conquer the grocery store this summer.
I just wanted to give a quick update on what my summer is looking like at this point! Please return the favor:)

1 comment:

Alanna said...

I totally agree with you on the "closet purge"...I mean for my closet! :) I didn't realize your sister was deaf...wow. I'm sure you'll treasure the time you will get to spend with her this summer. Good luck on the grocery store. Hopefully they don't decide to do a switcheroo around late July! :) And here I am -- 11:48 p.m.! Again!!