Friday, May 2, 2008

The Famous GBS Volleyball Semifinals Part II

We Won!!!!!
Ok so this is slightly belated but still relevant! Just in case you were not informed the Defenders, the dark horse team of the tournament, had a stunning victory at the GBS lock-in Friday April 25, 2008. Enough said. Look for us in the yearbook.

Life is getting to the point where I feel like something has to give. I am ready for a change. I think the change my body, emotions, and will desires is that wonderful thing called home. I NEED MY MOMMY... Just kidding! I really don't go in for that sentimental mush, but I really do miss my mom... and my bedroom and my friends and my shortsleeves among other things. I am afraid, though, that when I get home I will realize what I've lost. Which would be the uniqueness of my second year of college. So many friends are leaving that I refuse to think about it. I will be a mess without Missie, Brenda, Vita, Kristen, Becky, Alicia, Valerie, and Maria. I'm totally gonna be part of the older generation here at GBS, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. Luckily, I have a very good feeling about the younger generation so I think I will get along with them capitally. If I try really hard I may even be able to blend in. Well, to all who are ready for summer and a change of scenery- this is for you! I will miss everyone here dearly though and I hope everyone keeps me updated on exciting events in their lives.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

"Join the club."

-Pres. of the Older Generation

Sam said...

you act like the semester's about to end, or as if you'll never see us again. As if somehow coming back this fall will make you old. It doesn't. You're as "old" as you want to be here at GBS.

Alanna said...

I know...I'm feeling a little the same way. People that we see everyday now will not be here in the fall. Morbid, I know, yet true! Change is hard sometimes! :(

Sam said...

Get over it.

Ike said...

um, in the midst of all this moribundity, I would like to say:
GO DEFENDERS!!

GO WALRUSES!!

GO 2008!!

Leanna said...

Thank you Ike! All I'm gonna say is you never know what life altering experiences you can have in a summer. I mean I could totally get my first wrinkle, or gray hair, or ahhhh...
J/k Old age, I am ready and waiting for you!