Sunday, January 27, 2008

Winter Jam

This is a hot topic at the moment so I'm going to give into the need to relate my exciting experiences as well. Winter Jam was a concert featuring several different Christian bands. I was really pumped up about it cause some of my favorite groups were going to be there. They did not disappoint. I totally loved Mandisa's (former American idol contestant) stage presence and voice. She could totally belt it! Newsong was rather a surprise for me since I wasn't really expecting to like their music. No offense to them or anything, but I thought they looked like a bunch of old men have beens. They were phenomenal! They had some of the best lyrics and voices.
Mercyme deserves their own paragraph cause they were a step above everyone else in my book. When they hit the stage I was like "Yeah! This is what I was waiting for." They sang some songs from their new album that have some really powerful lyrics. Me and my friends (Sam, Mel, and Cheryl) were totally getting into it. Then they sang some of their older songs I was more familiar with and it was fun being able to sing along.
The most unique experience was getting to meet some of the stage hands and lesser known groups when we went back to look for Mel's lost phone. The one had this very cool Australian accent. "Unload all the cardboard boxes first will ya, mate?" Fun:)

1 comment:

Melissa Phelps said...

Oh yes, blurt it all over the internet "Mel is such a ditz she forgot her phone" I feel special. Just kidding ;) I don't care.